Democratizing Deep Learning
I was the 3rd employee at AlchemyAPI, an artificial intelligence (AI) service acquired by the IBM Watson Group after 3 years. I founded and led marketing for the first 2 years with a limited budget by quickly developing and streamlining marketing processes, including website metrics, marketing automation, public relations campaigns, developer outreach programs, a full website redesign and Drupal CMS deployment.
- Led UX design for AlchemyAPI dynamic dashboard: created wireframes and interactive prototype. Collaborated with engineers using an Agile development process, Github, and JIRA.
- Designed the front-end for an author extraction api demo. For its release, I sent a link to journalists preloaded with their articles, increasing media coverage by 30% and api adoption by 200%.
- Designed and developed AlchemyAPI.com to meet Series A PR deadline, resulted in $60,000 cost savings.
- Migrated AlchemyAPI.com from HTML/CSS to Drupal, ensuring no negative impact on traffic by following SEO best practices for URL redirects.
- Developed AlchemyAPI.com to be fully responsive, increasing mobile traffic by 300%.
- Managed analytics setup and integration, including Google Analytics, AdWords, Pardot, Optimizely, Pingdom, Drupal, and MailChimp; analyzed metrics to recommend website improvements.
- Used A/B testing and multivariate testing tools to improve website conversions by 500% over the course of 8 months.
- Responsible for implementing all the technical changes to the website for 3 years, I used Pingdom and Google Analytics to monitor the websites' uptime and analyze page load times to find bottlenecks to improve end-user-experience.
- Worked with VP of Sales to implement marketing automation software to work with SugarCRM and AlchemyAPI.com. We quadrupled MQLs/month, tripled total customers and MRR while consistently remaining under budget.
- Spearheaded initiatives to use retargeting campaigns for user acquisition and recruitment.
SEO & PPC
- Developed a comprehensive SEO strategy that led to a 63% increase in organic search traffic and 51% increase in unique visitors.
- Managed PPC, streamlined existing Ad Words programs, and implemented first retargeting campaigns, resulting in a 500% increase in conversion rate and reduced conversion acquisition cost.
- Wrote and edited first content marketing programs: drip campaigns, white papers, case studies, CEO bylined articles, weekly blog posts, site content, email newsletter, guest blog posts, and social media posts.
Data Scientist Recruitment
- Founded successful recruitment program through local and national hackathon outreach and by creating several popular local events such as StartDrinkingUp Meetup, C++/C Developer Meetup, and Denver BuiltInBrews (cofounder).
PR and Thought Leadership
- Positioned CEO and company as an AI thought-leader in 65 online articles (GigaOM, Wired, MIT Tech Review, TechCrunch, Fortune). Resulted in $120,000 annual savings and introduction to key IBM Watson Group executives.
- Translated business questions into use cases and solutions pages with emphasis on anticipating future ad-hoc needs.
- Managed Gartner Analyst relations leading to mentions in 8 hype cycles and a Cool Vendor Award.
Community Management & Outreach
- Increased brand awareness by developing a local and national hackathon outreach program, and creating popular monthly events such as startDrinkingUp Denver, C++/C Developer Meetup, and BuiltInBrews.
- Developed all conference materials: marketing slicks, booth backdrop, business cards, flyers, conference magazine ads.
- Redesigned logo based on refining unused and previously commissioned designs.
- Designed social media page headers: Twitter, Facebook, and Meetup.
An artificial intelligence (AI) service acquired by the IBM Watson Group.
Marketing Director & Front End Developer
VP of Engineering
Audrey notices things that other people don't. She is an extremely perceptive person. I enjoyed collaborating with Audrey over a span of two years on a variety of interviews and marketing content. She's an excellent communicator. Whenever we had a conversation I always knew we were going to end up on the same page.
Her attention to detail served her well as she successfully transitioned into a UX-focused role. But her social awareness is what allowed her to build true connections and be integral to the culture at Alchemy. I recommend Audrey without reservation for any position emphasizing user experience, technical marketing, or the interfaces between computers and people.
I had the opportunity to work closely with Audrey on a project at AlchemyAPI where she was the UX/frontend developer. In spite of this being a new role for her, she took it upon herself to get educated on the cutting edge UX design and usability techniques. She was able to successfully integrate this knowledge into our project and transformed it from an 'engineer-ish' looking website to a polished presentation ready website. With her combined experience of marketing and UX development, I highly recommend Audrey and believe she can contribute positively to any team.
Senior Software Engineer
Working with Audrey at AlchemyAPI was a productive and enjoyable experience. In that time, Audrey took a web based reporting platform with a UI that looked like it was developed for Windows 95 and turned it into a responsive, professional looking app that we felt confident bringing to customers. Throughout this project, Audrey conducted valuable research to develop a solid theme for our product.
I worked with Audrey for a couple of years and during that time we collaborated on a few web projects together. Audrey led the design work, and was always a well of creative inspiration. I could lay out the ugliest, bare bones web app and she would instantly have ideas to make it look, and function perfectly. She certainly has a knack for UX design and is always up to date with the latest trends, I can tell it's a real passion of hers.
Personally, she's very approachable and professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with. I was fortunate to get the chance to work with Audrey and I know others feel the same way.
CEO & Cofounder
If I had to summarize Audrey's approach to everything she does, I'd say it's inspired creativity meets follow through. AlchemyAPI was Triberr's first partner thanks to Audrey's ability to find a win-win solution for both parties. She then had courage and fortitude to see it though to the end. We need more people like Audrey.
ML/NLP/Deep Learning. Entrepreneur, one exit
Audrey is a multi-skilled, insightful, and passionate marketing strategist who also had a good grasp of the technical aspects of AlchemyAPI's natural language processing product. Audrey was a fantastic person to work with and comes with my strong recommendation.
Lead Software Engineer
Audrey has knockout talent when it comes to understanding human experience, whether it's drawing people into a marketing funnel, designing the interactions of our next big web application, or spewing interestingly amusing facts about human interactions over a cup of coffee.
I worked with her for nearly two years, and as a hard working Jill-of-all-trades, she was an endlessly invaluable resource to her employees, peers, and all of the company. Her quirky quips, kind heart, and attentive personality mimicked her distinguished style, and glued us into a cohesive force that I haven't experienced anywhere else.
Audrey has got a style all her own, and I am proud to know her. I hope that I will have the opportunity to work with her again in the future.
I worked with Audrey at AlchemyAPI. She always had insightful and well reasoned guidance for our UX problems. I could always trust that she was pointing us in the right direction. She was always open to collaborating on designs and took ownership while incorporating others ideas into projects. I hope I have the opportunity to work with her again in the future.
Director of AI
Having worked with Audrey for over a year at AlchemyAPI, I can confidently say that she is a competent, versatile, and passionate technical marketing director. At a company like ours, with over 75% of the employees being engineers, "fitting in" as a marketing expert is incredibly challenging. Nonetheless, Audrey has always been skilled at communicating with researchers and programmers, teasing out from off-the-cuff conversations the true gravity and details of specific projects being pursued here.
She is entertaining, engaging, and truly excited about the future of artificial intelligence along with what it means for society. She actively shows this with her enthusiasm for working with engineers to fully harness the power of our press releases and with her knack for organizing local meetups to help promote our company.
Audrey brings a technical lens to the table, along with her skills as a marketer. She is remarkably easy to work with, and I recommend her without any hesitation.
In the News
In the news
AlchemyAPI Raises $2 Million For Neural Net Analysis Tech, On Par With IBM Watson, Google
AlchemyAPI has raised $2 million to extend the capabilities of its deep learning technology that applies artificial intelligence to read and understand web pages, text documents, emails, tweets, and other forms of content.
In the news
AlchemyAPI Rolls Out Next Generation of Face Detection Which Can Identify Celebrities
Audrey Klammer, Marketing Director, AlchemyAPI, writes in a blog announcing the public release, “Organizations across a variety of industries, such as social media monitoring and advertising, can take advantage of face detection to analyze their unstructured image data.
Using AlchemyAPI for Enterprise-Grade Text Analysis by Joseph Turian, Ph.D.
Given the potential untapped value in text analysis, decision-makers want to avoid risk and get a battle-tested, versatile solution that they can trust.
in the news
Wearing Your Intelligence: How to Apply Artificial Intelligence in Wearables and IoT
Wearables and the Internet of Things (IoT) may give the impression that it's all about the sensors, hardware, communication middleware, network and data but the real value (and company valuation) is in insights. In this article, we explore artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning that are becoming indispensable tools for insights, views on AI, and...
In the news
Will 2014 Be the Year You Fall in Love With Cognitive Computing?
Although some pundits probably believe that cognitive computing systems will eventually replace humans in some situations, AlchemyAPI CEO Elliot Turner told participants at the Structure Data conference, “These technologies still need humans to direct them."