Working at Mindgruve
I was part of a team of engineers at Mindgruve, a global digital agency comprised of strategists, creatives, media experts, data scientists and engineers driven by one common purpose — accelerate business growth through marketing and digital transformation.
When hired in 2021, Mindgruve had 86 employees with 55.3 million in revenue. Recent award wins for Mindgruve include The Top Ten Fastest Growing Private Companies List by San Diego Business Journal, Adweek’s 75 Fastest Growing Agencies, and Financial Times’ 2023 list of Fastest-Growing Companies in America.
Mindgruve offers a wide range of services including research, strategy, creative, media, PR, development, and data science. My projects ranged from ongoing product maintenance to those with extremely aggressive timelines that significantly affected the company's profitability, including website launches, landing pages, and features for a Mindgruve Ventures app.
While there, I did the following and more:
- Collaborated with project managers to estimate, prioritize, and implement client requests. Tracked time in 15 minute increments for accurate billing.
- Built responsive website with multilingual capabilities; in the first year since launch, international site visitors increased 46.5 percent and organic search increased 89.6 percent.
- Evaluated new and upcoming technologies, and integrated third-party APIs. Shared solutions with the team for improving process and technology.
- Rewrote and removed obsolete legacy code from two production applications.
- Created a consistent user experience across Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and other common browsers. Investigated and proposed solutions to enhance the overall performance.
- Delivered a Gatsby project by transforming a generic starter to clean production-ready code using Adobe XD as a design guide, React, and headless CMS architecture.
- Provided peer code reviews and quality assurance on product releases. Reduced broken code commits through an implementation of a React development pipeline that forced linting.
- Maintained and advocated for development standards. Implemented automated routines for tests, caching, and other technical operations, optimizing performance and scalability of web applications.
A leading global digital agency that specializes in creating exceptional digital experiences.
In the News
Mindgruve Named One of the Fastest-Growing Companies by Financial Times
Mindgruve lands on Financial Times' 2023 list of Fastest-Growing Companies in America . Released from the world-leading global business publication, this list recognizes 500 innovative companies that are driving substantial growth.